for the dipping sauce:
70g crunchy peanut butter
4 tbsps coconut milk
1 red chilli, finely chopped
juice of 1 lime
a pinch of sea salt flakes
for the marinade:
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsps fish sauce (nam pla)
1 tsp honey (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 inch piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
400g chicken breast, diced
Makes 5 skewers
- Soak 5 bamboo skewers in cold water.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the chicken and stir well to cover in the
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Meanwhile, mix the dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Line a grill tray with foil. Prepare a medium grill.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers and place on the foil.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes each side. Check that the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve the skewers with the dipping sauce.
- Store any leftover chicken and dipping sauce in separate airtight containers and
refrigerate for up to 2 days.